“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Remediation vs. Removal
Mold remediation and mold removal are often used interchangeably when talking about getting mold out of your home or business. However, they are two very different things.
Mold is naturally occurring in our environment and removing it entirely just isn't possible. When a company mentions they do mold removal, they typically mean just removing the mold that is visible.
Mold remediation, however, goes deeper. Its removing the visible mold and the pieces of the structure it's damaged, as well fixing the source of the issue.
SERVPRO of Happy Valley is here to help when you experience mold in your home or business. Give us a call and we will remediate the mold and get you back to normal!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (814) 996-4603
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (814) 996-4603
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Happy Valley is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2210 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: